Sisters

Sisters
October 2008

Thursday, June 17, 2010

All growing so fast


Time is flying and they just don't stop growing:)

Kaia finished her first year of preschool this month. It is amazing how much she has grown and changed in that time and all of the "lovely" - not- habits that she has picked up from her friends. Kaia is the social butterfly of her class and everyone comes to her. Even at recent birthday parties we have heard multiple kids asking where Kaia is and calling for her. Kaia has some great friends in walking distance in our neighborhood and we are always meeting up with them at the park and now the pool. Thank goodness for the pool! We have gone there every day this week, except for yesterday when it was raining. There are usually at least two ofher friends there at the same time. We did go one day and no one else was in the baby pool. Kaia asked me, "But what are we going to do without Anna?" She had to settle for playing with me.

She is starting to read words, continues spelling and counting, likes to send emails and texts that say, "Kaia June Henderson xxxooo", is writing her name and a few other words, must do everything "all by myself", takes care of her little sister and helps her out - unless Kamea is playing with something Kaia wants. The list goes on and on. Kaia notices everything and forgets nothing. I was driving the other day and drinking something and she asked me if I was driving with one hand. When I told her yes she asked me to please drive with two hands. Nothing like a 2, almost 3, year old putting you in check.

I can't believe that in a few short weeks she will be three and she will be having a birthday party with all of her friends. Very different than last year when the focus was on family and she had a friend stop by. This time she is having a pool party and has already told me all of the things she will be doing with her friends. Apparently, we will just be observers:)

No comments: